Pacific Fire District

Welcome to the website for the Pacific Fire Protection District. We hope this resource will allow our citizens to learn more about the services we provide, our life safety initiatives, and how we protect our community. Feel free to email or call us at any time to let us know how we can better serve you.  For open burning information, please go to the fire prevention tab.

Fire Extinguisher recall

40 million kidde fire extinguishers have been recalled due to failure to discharge. If you own a fire extinguisher please check the model to see if your affected. For more information please visit https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2017/kidde-recalls-fire-extinguishers-with-plastic-handles-due-to-failure-to-discharge-and

Board Meeting Information

November Meeting Date Has Been Changed to November 8, 2017

November Meeting Time Also Changed - UPDATED 11-7-17

 

Tentative Agenda for the October 5, 2017 Board Meeting

November 8, 2017 Agenda

 

MINUTES

October 5, 2017 Minutes

 

 

Change Your Clock/ Change your Batteries

The Pacific Fire Protection District would like to remind you to check your smoke and carbon monoxide detector batteries around daylight savings time Nov. 5, 2016.  The National Fire Protection Association reports that 71% of smoke alarms which failed to operate had missing, disconnected or dead batteries.  This fact reinforces how important it is to check your smoke dectectors for proper operation.  If your home does not have a smoke detector or if you're unable to get the current one to work, please call The Pacific Fire Protection District at 636-257-3633

Pacific Fire Winter Safety Tips

The Pacific Fire Protection District would like people to be aware of certain home heating tips now that the temperature has dropped and more people are using furnaces and heaters to stay warm. The use of portable heaters which account for 900 fire related calls a year in the US.  It is advised that any portable heater being used in homes has an automatic shut off so that if it falls over, the heater will shut off.  Try to keep the heater 3ft away from any combustible materials such as bedding, furniture, and blankets. Any portable heater should be turned off at bedtime or when the home is left unattended.  It is also important to not use an oven as an alternative heating source in a home.

                Now that furnaces are being used more often, it is vital to have all vents cleaned and cleared of any debris by a professional.   Vents need to have an open access to the outside of the home to prevent carbon monoxide from building up within the home.  Carbon monoxide is an odorless and colorless gas that causes the death of 150 people each year in the United States.  Symptoms of moderate CO poisoning include headache, fatigue, shortness of breath, nausea, and dizziness.  In cases of severe CO poisoning symptoms will include, confusion, vomiting, loss of muscle control, loss of consciousness and death.  If you or anyone you know starts complaining of these symptoms please call 911 and evacuate the house immediately so that the residence can be safely checked out by Fire District Personnel.

 Finally if a generator is being used to help power a home or portable heater, please leave it outside.  The Pacific Fire Protection District would like to ask everyone to be safe this winter season and if anyone has questions regarding safe heating practices, please call your local Fire District, it is our pleasure to assist.