In this time of over stimulation and information involving the COVID-19 (Coronavirus), area residents can be confident in the preparedness, and response of Pacific Fire Protection District, Meramec Ambulance District, area leaders, and community response agencies. We are in constant contact with Local, County and State leaders to keep apprised of the latest information regarding this issue.
The Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS) has established a hotline for citizens to call with any and all questions they may have regarding this virus and up to date information. 877-435-8411
We are adding this page with numerous links to community resource pages.
We are asking citizens not to over react to this situation and take a common sense approach in dealing with this issue.
1. Wash Hands frequently with regular soap and water, or use alcohol based hand sanitizer.
2. Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing.
3. Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
4. If you have a fever or feel unwell, STAY HOME.
5. Throw used tissues in trash right after use.
6. Clean any and all "touched" surfaces with regular disinfectants or a 10% bleach and water solution.
7. Avoid close contact with sick people or if you are sick.
8. Elderly, and immune deficient people are most at risk to have severe complications.
It basically boils down to doing the same things you would do during the regular cold and flu season.
As always call 911 in an emergency.